Cleansing isn’t just about slurping down a convenient (and tasty) drink in place of your regular lunch. It’s also very much about slowing things down and listening to your body.
Sure, drinking those juices can rid toxins in the body to help you function better, but it also gives you the opportunity to clear your mind, too. It’s an opportunity to dig in deep mentally, and take the time to let go of anything that no longer serves you and may be weighing you down. Here are some self-love actions to nourish your inward self back to your roots. And they can be done before, during, and after your cleanse.
Journal: As you’re cleansing, take the time to reflect about what’s going on in your life on an everyday basis and on a larger scale. A few great contemplation topics include:
- How will this cleanse serve your highest good? What will it accomplish in getting you to a place where you feel better, inside and out:
- Gratitude: Reflect and write out your list of the top 10 things you’re thankful for each night or morning. This can change from day to day depending on your most recent experiences, so save each list so you can look back on the changes.
- Top loves: Take time to think about and write out your top 10 loves—these can be people, ideas, places, memories, actions, anything that brings you to a place of love.
- Your body is a masterpiece; what do you love most about it?
- Question and answer how to best take care of yourself. How can you give your body and your soul more love?
More tips on cleansing your body and mind are coming your way during the month of April. Through the month, we’ll be running our #springfittraining challenge, to help you become as happy and healthy as possible for the warm weather. Follow us on twitter at @nourishyoursoul, like us on facebook, and sign up to see our motivating and helpful posts here. Stay tuned!