Did you know that during your cleanse we also provide you with not just the key juices, but also an a.m. water and a p.m. water?
We do that for a handful of very important reasons. The biggest benefit of any cleanse is that it moves toxins through the body. Without proper hydration, that can’t happen, and toxins may instead even re-accumulate in your system, causing more harm than good. While cleansing, make sure to drink half your weight in ounces of filtered water daily to ensure safety and effectiveness.
Why drink lemon water in a.m. hours? If you do one thing during and after your cleanse, this should be it. It’s the ritual that can most improve your health. And it’s best first thing in morning, and at room temperature. Its huge benefits include:
- A big boost to your immune system. Lemons are high in vitamin C and potassium. So drinking lemon water is a great way in the winter months to fight colds and to stave off infection.
- It helps with elimination. Drinking more water helps to facilitate flushing the body, and along with citrus, aids in moving things along.
- PH balance. Many studies show that an alkaline body is the key to good health. While lemons are acidic, when consumed they are alkaline, which balances the body.
- It helps metabolism and weight loss. You feel more full from the pectin contained in the lemon. That, alongside the above-mentioned alkaline that it helps create, have both been shown to help with weight loss.
- It aids in digestion and flushes out toxins.
- It encourages radiance. The vitamin C from the lemons helps not only the inside your body, but with your skin, too. It helps boost collagen to fight wrinkles and prevent acne. And of course, the more water you drink, the better your skin will be in general.
- It fights inflammation. Lemons dissolve uric acid in the joints.
- It’s a great recovery from exercise. Lemon juice helps replenish body salts after a workout.
Given how packed it is with all of the above goodness, is it any wonder that lemon juice and water is recommended as a terrific start to the day?
So, then, why also drink aloe water in p.m. hours? Aloe vera juice can help detox the body, from the colon to the bloodstream. It’s known to soothe and cleanse the digestive tract and help improve digestion. A few of its many boosts include:
- Detoxification. Aloe vera juice is crammed full of amino acids, vitamins, and minerals, making it one of nature’s most effective cleansers. Its main property is to be soothing, cooling, and moisturizing, which helps to clear inflammation and irritating heat (such as in menopause), plus inflammatory skin and digestive problems, such as acne and rosacea.
- It alkalizes your body. Our bodies maintain a healthy balance between acidity and alkalinity, which is influenced by the foods we eat. In alkalizing our system, aloe fights against diseases, since they don’t survive in an alkaline environment
- Immune system support. Aloe vera can help ramp it up with polysaccharides. These help our bodies produce macrophages, which is our tool to defend against viruses and other nasty stuff. Besides polysaccharides, aloe vera juice has also a lot of anti-oxidants that reduce free radicals flowing within our organisms, to help slow the effects of aging and cell damage.
- It lowers cholesterol and blood sugar. There’s some evidence to suggest this, and that it has a positive effect on blood sugar levels, meaning it can be useful for treating diabetes and obesity.
- It’s excellent for digestion. So for anyone who suffers with digestion problems like IBS, its healing and soothing properties can help with the painful symptoms.
- Chock full of vitamins and minerals. Aloe vera juice is packed with vitamins A, C, E, B1, B2, B3, B6, B12, and folic acid. It’s also rich in minerals like calcium, magnesium, zinc, iron, selenium and potassium.
- It’s great for skin and healthy hair. Aloe Vera juice combined with its gel is an excellent way to combat acne and blemishes on your skin. It works internally to supply vitamins and nutrients your body needs. Not only that, it helps to reduce inflammation and fight bacteria at the same time. It also hydrates your body because of its high water content.
So drink up, and drink in all the benefits!